Saturday, August 14, 2010

2 for 1

I had a day of complete exhaustion on Wednesday, so I missed a post, sue me...so I'm going to post both the workouts for the 11th and the 13th here.

I'm starting to experiment with set structure. I am up to 200lb. work sets in the Squat, which dictated that I drop to doubles, followed by triples of 185lbs. a possible caveat may be that I had been walking a great deal that day, and my legs were very worn, so I'm in wait and see mode, but I am still thinking about set structure and volume to keep progress as continual as possible. I also know that not every workout is going to be a PR, and the progress curve will flatten. I accept that, but I will fight it intelligently.

On that note, I am altering the sets of Deadlift to even numbers (4 for warmup, 2 for work) when using an alternating grip, for the purpose of going for heavier poundages with smaller increments, thereby increasing volume slightly, and to ensure balance when using an alternating grip.

I have also incorporated Barbell Rows into my assistance lifts. I am intent upon developing my traps, and the combination of High Pulls, Barbell Rows, and, eventually, Heavy Shrugs, should do the trick. I also am employing the use of doing singles/doubles of Chinups in between sets during assistance lifts. I tried this last night, and I enjoyed it. It kept my muscles loose for the lifts, and seemed to condense time a bit.

Squat:
195 x 3 x 3 (8/11)
185 x 5 x 2

200 x 2 x 3 (8/13)
185 x 3 x 2

Press:
125 x 3 x 2 (8/11)
115 x 5 x 2

Bench:
150 x 5 x 3 (8/13)
145 x 5 x 2

Deadlift:
340 x 2


The new dietary routine seems to be going great. I feel recovery is more complete. I got bored one night, so I put on my ipod and walked the perimeter of the living areas for about an hour, and it felt really good, so I have been doing that sometimes 2 or 3 times in a day. I later read that walking is more condusive to fat loss because the body remains in a lipolytic path (fat for fuel), and does not cross a threshold into more of a glycogenic path (carb for fuel) as would happen even with jogging, which is fine with me because I fucking hate running!! However, that much walking on concrete is a little harder on the old joints than my mentally-challenged ass realized, so I was a little sore. My pussy hurts, hold me...

I go on leave this coming week, and I am fully aware that I will eat like shit during that time. Now, I'm not going to just go off the deep end, but I'm not going to be an anus either, and I will continue to workout while on leave. I'm also visiting the one and only Gorilla Pit to gawk at a bunch of beasts throwing really heavy shit around, sort of like a monster-truck show, except the monster trucks are humans, yea, I know, fucking cool right? Plus, there will be some really hot chicks there too, which makes the world a better place. Hopefully, I will be able to stick around for a day or two and get a chance to have Jay Ashman and Ty Phillips kick my ass at the gym. That would be the highlight of my year right there.

I have been receiving numerous compliments on my leaner self. Don't misunderstand, however, I still have a long road to travel, and I am only part way there. I have no idea what my bodyfat percentage is. Last I checked it was 33%, which was last spring, March maybe? Anyway, I am noticeably much leaner now, which the seven notches I've cut in my belt since June verifies. I still have a decent amount of fat left to destroy, which will happen, but at a slower rate. I am fine with that because when it is gone, it is fucking gone for good this time!

Always remember, you're a winner! If you're a friend of mine it means you're totally awesome, and there is something very special about you, and I will find out whatever that is and exploit it for personal gain. In the words of Jerry Garcia, "Ow, my pancreas!"


NEVER QUIT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment