Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So Far, So Good...

Two workouts down since last post. Workout A on the 12th, and HIIT with the Rat Cellar on the 13th. only lost 20 lbs. on my squat from the time off, lost a little on my bench too. That was expected of course. I'm a little tight, but not bad, the lifts felt great, and the diet is supporting very well, along with the addition of HIIT training, my numbers will be back to where they were very shortly, and progression will resume. The assistance exercises also felt right on. Building my traps and p-chain will improve my overall strength and power immensely, I can already feel that.



I took an APFT on the 8th. The pushups and situps felt extremely easy, no surprise there. The realy surprise was on the 2-mile run. I have always been a slow runner, except when I was in basic training, but we ran sprints almost every day then. However, I have only ran two times since I have been here, approx. two months at the time, yet I held a pace that would not only have passed me for the event - if only there was an NCO to mark the time - but was also approx. 6 min. faster than when I ran the course only a month prior...yep, no shit, 6 fucking minutes faster!! That, my friends, is why strength is the most important physical attribute to train. Anyone who says anything different is either a liar or a moron.



Squat:

205 x 2 x 3

185 x 3 x 2



Bench:

155 x 2 x 3

135 x 3 x 2



Barbell Rows:

115 x 3 x 3


I feel wonderful, and you should too. You are the only you there is, and that makes you very special. Now go out there and make me some money bitches...

1 comment:

  1. Recently I have stumbled upon such a definition as 'strength diet'. I have found a lot of interesting information about this kind of diet, as well as overall tips on how to increase your strength, endurance and health in the following article: militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/nutrition-in-sports/your-strength-diet-know-what-to-take-out-and-what-to-put-in/.

    ReplyDelete