Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Be Tweakin'

Still working on better form. Squats are feeling good. I started to fall forward a hair during the 4th rep of the last two sets, but corrected the bar path on the 5th rep. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the Press, so I lowered the weight 5lbs., reduced the sets to 3, and tried to concentrate on the starting position and bar path as much as possible. It felt like good work, but I think I will return to sets of 5. Power Cleans will take more time to get them down, so I'm taking a step-by-step approach. First, I am focusing on strengthening my under-developed traps, then I will return to working on the movement from the hang position, after that, I will start to work on full Power Cleans.

Squat:
185 x 5 x 3

Press:
120 x 3 x 3

High-pulls:
95 x 3 x 5


After reading an article by Jason Pegg at EliteFTS, I followed a link to a website by John Keifer, dangerouslyhardcore.com, and, after much reading, I decided to try something new with my diet. I have never been much for breakfast, but I've always partaken because, like most everyone else, I thought it was "the most important meal of the day". I now believe that to be bullshit, along with almost every other bit of dietary advice I have heard of. I also now drink coffee. Basically, what I am doing is having a cup of coffee shortly after waking, and not eating for several hours, my first meals are all protein and fat, saving any carbohydrate intake for the final meal of the day, which is less than 30g (two slices of bread), except on lifting days when I up that to around 40-60g part of which is simple sugar (ice cream, gatorade, pop tarts, that kind of shit). I tried this for the first time after today's posted workout, and I'll be damned if I didn't feel like a million bucks, and I got the most restful night's sleep I've had in a long time!

I'm going to tweak this some more. I will begin to take approx. 40g whey protein post-workout with 5g leucine and 5g creatine, as well as fine tune my diet. I am going to try this for a month or two and see how it goes. I had a positive feeling about it after reading the results of Keifer's research, and when you have guys like Brian Carroll and Jason Pegg endorsing his methods, it's even more compelling. I have a good feeling about doing this, hope it works. I've already lost almost 40lbs. but I'm sure some of that is muscle. I am no longer even paying attention to the scale. I am ONLY concerned with gaining strength and muscle, losing fat, and feeling good.

That's it for now, babies. Be back in three days with another amazingly insightful and entertaining post. I know you can't wait, but you will be rewarded handsomely for your patience, trust me...

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment